FREEPORT, Mich. (WOOD) - Welding supplies fueled a fire that destroyed a garage in Freeport and damaged a nearby house Thursday morning.
Around 10:45 a.m., the garage at the corner of Beech and Maple was engulfed in flames. Firefighters determined the welding supplies inside the garage were feeding the fire, which caused an acetylene tank to explode.
A nearby home was damaged as the fire melted most of the siding and reached the rear deck. No one was hurt and the home is still inhabitable.
On Saturday, the Michigan State Spartans will be taking on the Ohio State Buckeyes for the Big Ten College Football title. On Friday, fans began gathering in Indianapolis for the big game.
Two Kalamazoo men are in jail after Kalamazoo officers found them with money stolen from Sunny Mart Friday afternoon.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.