LEE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a space heater may have started a fire that killed a 69-year-old man at his home in Allegan County.
Mlive.com says the fire happened about 8 p.m. Monday in Lee Township. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
Township fire Chief Nelvin DeWeerd identifies the victim as Joseph Sejud. Authorities say his body was found on the first floor of the two-story home, and his dog also died.
The fire remains under investigation, but authorities are looking at the space heater's electrical cord as the possible cause. The home didn't have central heating.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
It might be December but that is not stopping some people from "hanging 10" in Michigan.
A driver escaped safely after its vehicle crashed into the Grand River in Ottawa County Friday morning.
We get a brief break from the "lake-effect machine" Friday.