GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A man faces multiple federal charges for allegedly sex trafficking three teen girls last year.
According to federal court records unsealed Wednesday, Richardo Leodoro Urbina was indicted on three counts of sex trafficking of children or by force, fraud or coercion and three counts of selling, distributing or dispensing narcotics.
The indictment says that from May to September 2017, Urbina was involved in the prostitution of three girls, ages 15 and 16, in Kent and Muskegon counties.
The distribution of cocaine charges all correspond to when the alleged trafficking happened.
Online records show Urbina was booked into the Kent County jail in November 2017 on a charge of transporting a female for prostitution. He was taken into federal custody Wednesday.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Experts: Uber self-driving system should have spotted woman
- Police: Austin bomber's motive still unknown, despite video
- A look back at the March 2012 heat wave
- Paw Paw parents skeptical about school safety