24 Hour News 8 web staff - VICKSBURG, Mich. (WOOD) -- A Vicksburg High School student was taken into police custody after posting a threat online.
The school district said it was informed of the threat Thursday morning by the Vicksburg Police Department. The district worked with local police and the FBI to investigate the threat.
The student in question was taken into custody as soon as the threat was verified. Police said other students are not in danger.
Regardless, there was a police presence at the district Thursday.
"We take all threats seriously and school safety is our first priority," Vicksburg Community Schools said in a release. "We rely on our students, staff and community to share information they have about any potential threat to school safety. We appreciate the tips, which helped identify the potential threat."
The district also thanked authorities for their quick response.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Record February for Ford Airport
- Look up for International Space Station
- Lawsuit: Kindergartners sexually assaulted classmate
- Kalamazoo man sues after e-cig explodes