24 Hour News 8 web staff - COMSTOCK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Authorities say a person of interest in connection to the death of a 20-year-old man in Comstock Township has been released from jail.
The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Department said in a news release Tuesday that they had submitted charges in connection to the death of Michael Jamaun Rogers, but the prosecutor's office returned the case for further investigation.
Rogers was found dead inside the Comstock Village Apartments Sunday morning. Deputies on scene said the victim died from an apparent stabbing and that the death was ruled a homicide.
Authorities said the person of interest in the case has been released from the Kalamazoo County Jail.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff's office at 269.383.8723 or Silent Observer at 269.343.2100.
Portage Central Elementary principal...
Kalamazoo man sues after e-cig explodes
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Paw Paw parents skeptical about school safety
- Portage Central Elementary principal on paid leave
- Suspect will stand trial in slain teen's rape
- No school in Bangor Thursday due to threat