KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A woman accused of embezzling thousands of dollars from Kalamazoo Strong turned herself into authorities Tuesday.
Rachel Kaiser, 34, is facing embezzlement charges for allegedly taking money from Kalamazoo Strong and the Kalamazoo Cobras minor league basketball team. She is also accused of pocketing proceeds from a charity basketball game that were supposed to help with a Kalamazoo family’s medical bills, but is not facing criminal charges for that instance.
Portage police began investigating Kaiser after other Kalamazoo Strong board members and the owners of the Kalamazoo Cobras filed complaints against her. The board found Kaiser made unauthorized purchases using the organization’s credit card and stole at least $3,500 in total.
A preliminary examination hearing is scheduled for March 20.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Paw Paw parents skeptical about school safety
- Portage Central Elementary principal on paid leave
- Suspect will stand trial in slain teen's rape
- No school in Bangor Thursday due to threat