24 Hour News 8 web staff -
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) -- The Battle Creek Police Department is getting new headquarters, but the 18-month project could cause traffic headaches for some drivers.
Crews Thursday broke ground on the new headquarters at 34 N. Division Street – across the street from the current station.
During the 18 months of construction, Patterson Way/State Street will be closed to traffic from East Michigan Avenue to Division Street. However, both entrances to the city hall parking lot will be open.>>Inside woodtv.com: Current traffic conditions
Police say the new building will give them the much-needed space they lack with the aging building they currently work out of. The new headquarters will also include a new area where police can meet and connect with community members.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- What's going to happen to Toys R Us locations?
- Active shooter conference held at WMU
- Kzoo Strong embezzlement suspect can leave state
- Congressional Gold Medal awarded to OSS members