24 Hour News 8 web staff - MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Three people were injured following a head-on crash in Calhoun County early Monday morning.
It happened around 2:30 a.m. on A Drive near 14 Mile Road in Marshall Township, according to a Calhoun County Sheriff's Office news release.
When authorities arrived on scene, they found a Chevy Malibu on fire with a passenger trapped inside.
Officers were able to put out the fire with extinguishers and get the passenger out of the vehicle. The passenger, a 19-year-old Marshall man, was taken to the hospital with severe injuries, the release said.
The driver of a Chevy Silverado, a 46-year-old Ceresco man, was taken to the hospital with possible leg and neck injuries. The driver of the Malibu was taken to the hospital for a possible shoulder injuries.
It's unknown what led up to the crash.
Investigators don't believe alcohol or drugs are factors, according to the release. The crash remains under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Relief in sight for MI driver fee
- Ottawa Co. man arrested for home invasion
- Ottawa Co. man arraigned on child porn charges
- MSU medical grads learn residency locations