24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Police are investigating a "suspicious" fire at the Grand Rapids Masonic Center.
The fire was reported around 1 a.m. Wednesday at the Masonic Center, located at 233 Fulton Street near Lafayette Avenue.
GRFD Battalion Chief Nancy Boss told 24 Hour News 8 that someone got into the building and set a small fire. Firefighters were able to extinguish it quickly and no one was hurt.
Authorities called the fire "suspicious." It's unclear who set the fire and why.
Forensic teams were on scene to help in the investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No school in Hastings Friday due to threat
- DNR bans open burning in 15 counties
- Man charged with fleeing police, deadly crash
- Teen's body found near rape suspect's mom's house