24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- A new development is starting to take shape on Grand Rapids' bustling Medical Mile.
Third Coast Development says excavation is already underway for Midtown CityZen. The four-story development at 637 Michigan Street NE is expected to include 44 living units and a ground floor restaurant.
Developers stressed all of the living spaces will be affordably priced to include people and families making 80 percent of the area median income, which is considered moderate-income households by Grand Rapids' standards. Under the guidelines posted on the city's website, that would mean an income of $53,050 for a four-person household.
"This is the fastest-growing corridor in Grand Rapids and it shows no signs of letting up. And we wanted to make sure there is a product on the market for anyone to live at, no matter what they make," said Max Benedict with Third Coast Development.
The development will be located between Benson and Grand avenues, where developers say vacant homes once stood.
Those interested in leasing a space can find more information on Third Coast Development's website. Midtown CityZen is expected to open this fall.
Catholic Central student arraigned on...
Man charged after woman's body found...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man charged after woman's body found in GR alley
- Molotov cocktails, bomb materials found inside student's home
- HopCat to open second Grand Rapids location
- State accepting bids for White's Bridge reconstruction