24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Administrators for Grand Rapids Public Schools say a stalled car sparked a crash involving a district school bus.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Thursday on northbound US-131 at the Leonard Street exit.
Administrators tell 24 Hour News 8 a car swerved to avoid hitting a stalled vehicle on the highway and struck the school bus, which was heading to Riverside Middle School.
Four children were aboard the bus at the time; no one was injured.
District employees say the collision caused minor damage to the bus, so the students were transferred to another bus and taken to class.
Catholic Central student arraigned on...
Man charged after woman's body found...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Facebook data whistleblower: 'fake news to the next level'
- Catholic Central student arraigned on sexual assault charges
- Man charged after woman's body found in GR alley
- Molotov cocktails, bomb materials found inside student's home