24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- The patients at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital received a special surprise for the holiday season.
On Wednesday, 7-year-old Dawson Babiak, his family and students at Hopkins Public Schools delivered thousands of toys, games and stuffed animals to the hospital. Dawson knows what it is like to spend holidays in the hospital, as he has had to fight leukemia.
"They will present this toy to this child to bring comfort, to bring that smile to their face and to help them get through their really difficult journey," said Tamara Potter of Spectrum Health marketing and communications.
It was the third year he helped with the generous donation to the hospital, and Dawson's hopes to carry on the tradition in the future with his family.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 children hospitalized after hit by car in Grand Rapids
- 1 killed, 1 injured after vehicle hits tree in Calhoun Co.
- 2 killed in 2-vehicle crash in Kalamazoo
- Austin bomber blows self up; fears of more explosives remain