GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Andrew Birge has been appointed to continue leading the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Michigan.
Birge has been in the position of acting U.S. Attorney for the last 14 months after working in the office for over 16 years, including nearly 10 as first assistant.
Birge took over for Patrick Miles after his resignation last January. Last year, Miles said he had thought his term would come to an end at as former President Barack Obama's administration.
The term will continue until President Donald Trump appoints a nominee who is confirmed by the Senate.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Snyder to OK $175 million boost in road spending
- World's last male northern white rhino, Sudan, dies
- Authorities hunting clues ask Austin bomber to talk to them
- Kalamazoo's Hopewell won't seek re-election