24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Grand Rapids police are investigating after two people were killed in a deadly crash early Friday morning.
The single-vehicle crash happened around 12:15 a.m. on Broadway Avenue near 8th Street on the city's northwest side.
Police say an SUV was heading southbound on Broadway Avenue when the driver lost control, rolled over and crashed into a porch of a house. When authorities arrived on scene, the two people inside the vehicle were pronounced dead.
The driver has been identified as a 39-year-old Wyoming man and the passenger as a 37-year-old Grand Rapids woman, according to a Grand Rapids Police Department news release.
No one inside the house was injured, police said.
Investigators believe speed may have been a factor, but it's unknown if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The preliminary investigation suggests the passenger was wearing her seat belt, but the driver was not.
Anyone with information is asked to call Officer Frank Barthel at 616.456.3938 or Officer Andy Bingel 616.456.3414 or anonymously to Silent Observer at 616.774.2345.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Study: GR health care costs higher than Detroit
- Paw Paw schools reopen after threat
- Police: Latest Austin blast not tied to others