eightWest Staff -
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD)- Being a first time mom can be overwhelming, that's why the Kent County Health Department has a program set up to help provide free support and education to families in our community. The Nurse-Family Partnership is a free home visiting program for pregnant women in Grand Rapids, Kentwood and Wyoming. And it's not just for moms with newborns, the program continues until the child turns two.
The goal is to improve mom's health and pregnancy outcomes, the health and development of the baby, and support moms to achieve their goals. While moms are in the program, registered nurses walk alongside them to provide support, education, and connections to resources in the community, meet families where they are and develop a relationship.
Kent County Health Department
MSP: Man killed in crash near Hastings
No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Study: GR health care costs higher than Detroit
- Paw Paw schools reopen after threat
- Police: Latest Austin blast not tied to others