Emily Linnert -
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- A place dedicating to helping our youngest through the grief process is looking for volunteers.
The people behind Ele's Place describe it as a healing center for grieving children and teens.
The organization has four locations in Michigan: Lansing, Ann Arbor, Flint and Grand Rapids. The Grand Rapids office is at 2000 Michigan Street NE.
Julie DeJong, the program director at Ele's Place Grand Rapids, says the volunteers they are looking for are compassionate, dedicated and enjoy working with kids. They want people willing to volunteer 2-4 hours a week for a year.
Ele's Place will hold a three-hour workshop in December to train volunteers in serving as a greeter, kitchen assistant or activity room helper.
In January, they'll be looking for people to train for 23 hours who will then be able to help with peer-to-peer support groups and other activities.
Families interested in Ele's Place's support programs are encouraged to call 616.301.1605 or visit the organization's website.
SB US-31 closed due to multi-vehicle...
2 children hospitalized after hit by...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 children hospitalized after hit by car in Grand Rapids
- 1 killed, 1 injured after vehicle hits tree in Calhoun Co.
- 2 killed in 2-vehicle crash in Kalamazoo
- Austin bomber blows self up; fears of more explosives remain