24 Hour News 8 web staff - HASTING, Mich. (WOOD) -- A Barry County couple has been charged with child abuse after the woman's 3-year-old daughter was hospitalized.
Karol Dann Blachard and John McKinzie Munro III were charged Thursday with first-degree child abuse, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, according to a Barry County Prosecutor's Office news release.
Blachard was also charged with second-degree child abuse for allegedly not protecting her daughter from abuse by Munro, the release said.
Prosecutors say the child was allegedly beaten over a long period of time and was so severely injured she had to be hospitalized.
Blanchard's bond was set at $500,000, while Muno received a bond of $1 million. They will be back in court on April 26, 2017.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 children hospitalized after hit by car in Grand Rapids
- 1 killed, 1 injured after vehicle hits tree in Calhoun Co.
- 2 killed in 2-vehicle crash in Kalamazoo
- Police: Suspect in Austin bombing attacks blows himself up