24 Hour News 8 web staff - YANKEE SPRINGS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A 13-year-old girl was cut while trying to disarm her father during a domestic dispute Sunday night, according to Michigan State Police.
It happened at a home on Yost Street in the Yankee Springs Mobile Home Park in Yankee Springs Township around 11 p.m. Sunday.
Relatives say Efrain Ramos-Garcia was threatening his wife with a knife when his two children disarmed and restrained him until officers arrived.
His 13-year-old daughter suffered a cut to her hand as she got the knife away, MSP said. She was treated at the scene.
Several family members stood outside, some in tears, as police investigated inside the home where the incident apparently took place.
Troopers say Garcia, 30, was formally charged Monday with two counts of felonious assault and one count of domestic violence in connection to the incident.***CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated the teenager had been stabbed, based on initial reports. The story has since been updated.***
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Record February for Ford Airport
- Look up for International Space Station
- Lawsuit: Kindergartners sexually assaulted classmate
- Kalamazoo man sues after e-cig explodes