24 Hour News 8 web staff - MARTIN, Mich. (WOOD) -- Southbound US-131 in Allegan County was shut down for hours Friday after a man was hit by a semitractor-trailer.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. Friday on US-131 in Martin Township. Witnesses reported a man got out of his vehicle around mile marker 55 and walked near oncoming traffic before the collision with a semi.
The victim is identified as a 48-year-old male from the Vicksburg area.
Authorities said alcohol and drugs don't appear to be a factor in the collision.
A second crash happened near the location of the fatal collision, but details on a cause or injuries sustained weren't immediately available.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Study: GR health care costs higher than Detroit
- Paw Paw schools reopen after threat
- Police: Latest Austin blast not tied to others