24 Hour News 8 web staff - LEIGHTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Authorities are investigating an accident at an Allegan County construction site that injured two people.
It happened around 10:10 a.m. Monday at Buckeye Construction on Electric Avenue in Leighton Township, north of Wayland.
Leighton Township Fire Chief Tony Banas tells 24 Hour News 8 a long piece of machinery fell, injuring two men inside the warehouse. Both were taken by ambulance to Metro Health Hospital.
An Allegan County detective initially said one person was critically injured; however, Michigan State Police at the scene said both workers had injuries that were not life-threatening.
Buckeye Construction makes prefabricated walls for homes, according to Banas. The company must now contact the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which will investigate the workplace accident.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No school in Bangor Thursday due to threat
- Record February for Ford Airport
- Look up for International Space Station
- Lawsuit: Kindergartners sexually assaulted classmate