The Associated Press - WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says the NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch.
Lynch sat during most of the U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before Sunday's game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.
Lynch hasn't stood for the national anthem since returning from retirement this season.
Trump tweeted early Monday: "Great disrespect! Next time NFL should suspend him for remainder of season. Attendance and ratings way down."
Former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the movement last season when he refused to stand during the anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality.
Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills...
How Facebook likes could profile...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Kalamazoo's Hopewell won't seek re-election
- Farmers deciding on continuing apple promotion program
- State aid for low-income homeowners after flood
- David besting Goliath in toy store wars