24 Hour News 8 web staff -
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Getting fired can affect people's mood for longer than getting a divorce, a recent review found.
Bloomberg reports that the University of East Anglia and the What Works Center for Wellbeing combed through thousands of research papers and found that people who are fired suffer a blow to their mental health, self-esteem and overall satisfaction with life. The review found that can last for years, though finding a new job can help mitigate the feelings.
The review found it's easier to rebound from a divorce than getting fired.==Above, Dr. Jared Skillings, the division chief for psychology at Spectrum Health, discusses how the loss of a job can affect your well-being.==
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- Mom of Wyoming student who ate pot brownies wants answers
- Rape suspect had extensive, violent juvenile record
- 2 arrested in connection to Dumbuya's murder