24 Hour News 8 web staff - TOWSON, Md. (WOOD) -- A week before the first day of fall, BLACK+DECKER is recalling a leaf blower that has injured several people.
The manufacturer is recalling about 560,000 electric blower/vacuum/mulchers nationwide because the appliance's fan cover unlatch unexpectedly, posing a laceration hazard.
The fan cover can unlatch unexpectedly, posing a laceration hazard. BLACK+DECKER said four people have reported cuts to fingers that came in contact with the fan.
The recall includes:
- Type 1 models BV5600, BV6000 and BV6600 (Information printed on the name plate on right side of motor housing)
- Orange with black accents
- Two-speed switch
- Sold with blower tube, vacuum tube and reusable collection bag
- Model BV6600 also comes with rake attachment
- Sold from Lowes and other stores nationwide as well as on Amazon.com and other websites
- Sold between May 2013 and September 2016
Customers with the recalled product should stop using it and contact BLACK+DECKER for a free repair kit.
For more recall information, visit the company's website. Customers can also contact BLACK+DECKER at 866.937.9805 during regular business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Paw Paw parents skeptical about school safety
- Portage Central Elementary principal on paid leave
- Suspect will stand trial in slain teen's rape
- No school in Bangor Thursday due to threat