24 Hour News 8 web staff - VOLINIA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A 6-year-old boy has died after falling from farm equipment in Southwest Michigan.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at a farm in the 1900 block of Dewey Lake Street in Cass County's Volinia Township, located about 13 miles south of Paw Paw.
The sheriff says the boy and two other children were riding a short distance down a driveway on a skid steer loader being used for tree landscaping. That's when the sheriff says the boy fell from the skid steer's bucket. Authorities believe he may have also been partially run over by the skid steer.
The boy was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Dowagiac where he later died.
The sheriff's office said it's withholding the names of the children involved the accident out of respect for their family.
Catholic Central failed alleged...
Murdered teen's mom gets LaughFest...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bye-bye box seats? Tax law may curb corporate cash at games
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
- Catholic Central student facing sexual assault charges
- Murdered teen's mom gets LaughFest crowd rolling