4 Weather Alerts //
- Weather Alert 1 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
- Weather Alert 2 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 11 at…
- Weather Alert 3 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
There are so many great events this weekend. From a free country concert and a media ball game, to a bubbly bash at the top of the Amway. Join me all weekend long as I hit these events for a sizzling social weekend.
1. On Thursday night head out to Fifth Third Ball Park for the Let's Go to Bat for Kids charity softball game. Local media personalities (the Giants) will challenge area priests (the Padres) in this lighthearted softball game. The gates open at 5:30, and the game starts at 7 pm. In addition to a great ball game, enjoy free children's activities on the concourse during the game. You'll also have the chance to win $500 cash and other great prizes. Kids 12 and under are admitted free. Tickets may also be purchased at the ballpark just prior to the game. The game will benefit the West Michigan Catholic Charities which services families in need through food and pantry programs, social ministry initiatives, counseling services, and programs to keep children safe in West Michigan.
2. For a fun summer evening on the town, join the Cyg-nature champagne party at Cygnus downtown. On Thursday night from 8 pm until 11 pm enjoy great music, champagne, and great conversation. DJ Slim Tim will provide the soundtrack for a night of dancing at the top of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Grab your friends, and dress to impress for this signature summertime soiree.
3. On Saturday, head down to Eastown for the Bizarre Bazaar. The event helps kick off the summer with a wide variety of hand-made arts and crafts created by local artists, live music, and a chance to sample the best of the neighborhood restaurants. Admission is free, and runs from 9 am to 5 pm on Wealthy Street and Ethel Avenue.
4. All weekend long, break out your cowboy boots for a boot-scootin' good time. It's the B-93 Birthday Bash happening this weekend! It's the Midwest's biggest free 2 day country music fest. The US 131 Motorsports Park will open it's gates for country music's biggest stars. Montgomery Gentry, Dirks Bentley, and the Kari Lynch Band are just a few big names that will heat up the stage. The grounds will be open to the public at 8 am each day, with gates to the concert area opening at 10 am. The first act will hit the stage at 12 noon each day, and the concert will end by 8 pm each evening. Grab your boots and cowboy hat, and step out for a great time. Don't miss the Midwest's biggest FREE country music fest at the B-93 Birthday Bash.
Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies worked together Tuesday evening to chase down an alleged van thief, despite slippery roads.
A charity lodge where three people were killed back in September 2013 will likely never open again.
Kalamazoo Township Police are asking for your help in finding a 63-year-old man who told people back in November he was going off to die.