Grand Rapids, Mich. (WOTV) - On September 6, 2012 men and women will flood stores in cities across the country and around the world. The fourth annual Fashion’s Night Out is fashion's most iconic extravaganza.
Last year, FNO events were held in eighteen countries with more than 4,500 events here in the States. Of course NYC FNO is one of the most sought after tickets of the year. Though we many not have the star studded attendees as seen in the Big Apple, FNO in Grand Rapids is one of the city's most highlighted events. Plus it's a great way to snag some amazing deals!
This year, Grand Rapids’ FNO will be themed “A Night of Mad Fashion". Along with specialty deals, the streets will be filled with acrobats, stilt walkers, and live mannequins in store windows. They will also be offering free signature drinks throughout the evening. No need to walk from store to store. Trolleys will be providing door to door service to the 60 plus participating venues and retailers. *Scroll photos above to view a map of trolley stops.
What about those deals? Check out a few of this year’s swag you’ll want to snag!
Cheeky Strut Hair Salon will be selling tickets for $30 that will include a Blow Out with a Hair Treatment in addition to $30 toward any product purchase at Cheeky Strut. Lee&Birch downtown is giving you a free pair of EMU boots ($160 value!) with the purchase of $300 or more. With a $100 purchase, receive a free scarf and earrings ($30 value!), plus enjoy free hair and makeup touch-ups for your evening on the town. City Flats Hotel is offering a special rate for those who want to live it up in the city! A special rate of $120 will be given for an when you call and mention Fashion’s Night Out. Plus each downtown retailer will give away free eco-friendly bags to take home.
Along with other retailers and shops, Moxie Beauty on Wealthy will be having a red carpeted FNO event with a free photo booth and live models in their windows. There will be a styling station providing hair and makeup tips and an accessory station to finalize your look!
What would a fashion night out be without a runway show? The Reserve will be having a fashion show from 4-6pm, and will be offering great drink specials. Rockwell’s/Republic is the final trolley stop, and will be hosting their ALL DECKED OUT after party.
The party begins at 10pm and $5 gets you in the door. Three DJ's, Super Dre, Todd Ernst, and Greg Knott will be spinning the hottest hits. Featured drinks and cocktails will be served and $2 from each will be donated to Fashion Has Heart. At 11 pm, models will be wearing some of the top fashions from a few of Grand Rapids' favorite retailers!
Here's a list of over 60 participants, and amazing swag you'll want to snag that night!
- 6.25 PaperDowntownRetail
- All City KicksEastownRetail
- Bella FursEast Grand RapidsRetailBe prepared to be treated like royalty at Bella Furs with a chocolate fountain and champagne! They will also be partnering with Crescent Floral and giving each individual a rose.
- Bistro Bella VitaDowntownRestaurant
- Boutique EmmanuelDowntownRetail
- Bow Dacious DesignsRockfordRetailBow Dacious Designs will be open during FNO, serving refreshments and will be having a drawing for fun prizes!
- Brush StudioEast Grand RapidsRetailLisa Jabara from Brush Studio will be teaching a wine bottle painting class on FNO!
- Carol Roeda StudioBreton VillageRetail
- Central District CycleryDowntownRetail
- Chai BoutiqueDowntownRetail
- Cheeky StrutDowntownSalonCheeky Strut will be selling tickets for $30 that will include a Blow Out with a Hair Treatment in addition to $30 toward any product purchase at Cheeky Strut. Space is limited. To make an appointment call 616-272-3123. The salon is also teaming up The Edge Banquet & Conference Center to keep your Belly's full, Julie Welch Regan from Stella & Dot to supply you with all your accessory needs, Bengstons Center For Aesthetics And Plastic Surgery providing BOTOX Cosmetic, L'Oréal Professionnel to keep your hair feeling healthy, and BIOIONIC giving you the tools to style your hair for future events!
- CityFlatsHotelDowntownHotel/RestaurantCityFlatsHotel will be offering a discount to anyone who comes into CitySen the night of the event with a receipt from a participating retailer. The discount will be $5 off food purchase of $25 or more. They are also offering a special FNO hotel rate of $120. When booking a room, participants need only to mention Fashion’s Night Out to receive the rate.
- Clothing MattersEast HillsRetailClothing Matters will be having a runway show and after the show, customers can try on looks from the show and enter to win a $100 gift card!
- Dear PrudenceEast Grand RapidsRetail
- Design 1CascadeSalon
- Ecouter SalonDowntownSalon
- FoundEast HillsRetail
- Gina’s BoutiqueDowntownRetailGina's will be having a "mad night of fashion" with roaming stilt walkers, a juggler, a contortionist, fire spinners, aerial artists, poi spinners, a strait jacket escape, and walking on broken glass! Come in for some crazy fun!
- GRAM StoreDowntownRetailThe GRAM store will be open until 10 pm and is featuring a trunk show by local jeweler Lea Wu who works with sterling silver and natural stones. Weaver Mary Ippel will also be having a trunk show and a demonstration at the GRAM store. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served and there will be prizes: 3 totes, each containing a family membership to GRAM for one year, A Year In Fashion book/calendar, a grand travel mug, and other small, fun gifts!
- Great Lakes Woolen CoEast Grand RapidsRetail
- Hot MamaEast Grand RapidsRetail
- House ThisCascadeRetailCustomers who shop at House This on FNO and spend over $50 will receive a 25% off savings pass that is good for one month. There will also be a drawing for four $50 giftcards. Wine and appetizers will be served.
- HyperOptikWealthy StreetRetailIt's going to be '50s Night at HyperOptik! There will be a red carpet sidewalk with classic cars parked in front, a free photo booth, and appetizers and wine served.
- JB and MeBreton VillageRetailEnjoy shopping in a fun filled atmosphere with live music, wine, and desserts in addition to amazing, on-trend clothing, accessories, and shoes for all fashionistas! Jb and Me will be giving away $200 gift certificates on the hour, boots, and other amazing giveaways on the half hour!
- JNicolle Salon BoutiqueEastownSalonThere will be punch and appetizers served at JNicolle Salon Boutique on FNO.
- L Marie & CoEast Grand RapidsRetailL Marie & Co and their stylists will be waiting to assist you in finding your fall clothing. The boutique will have live models, a photo wall, and will be serving wine!
- LambEast HillsRetail
- Lee & BirchDowntownRetailBe sure to make Lee & Birch your first stop to get all of the great gifts with purchase! With a $300 purchase, receive a free pair of EMU boots ($160 value!). With a $100 purchase, receive a free scarf and earrings ($30 value!). They will have representatives from their newest lines at the event, offering style tips and showing the hottest new styles. The Jeffery Richard salon will be at the store offering free hair and makeup touchups for your night on the town. Continuing on with downtown GR's theme, "A Night of Mad Fashion," there will be acrobats, stilt walkers, and live mannequins in our window. They will also be offering a free signature drink throughout the night.
- Leigh'sBreton VillageRetailLeigh's is having a "Very Italian" party, featuring a few of their Italian designers and collections. Come in for delicious Italian-inspired food and beverages. Molto bella!
- Lia RoseDowntownRetail
- LululemonEast Grand RapidsRetail
- Minty KeenDowntownRetailMinty Keen is celebrating their 2nd year anniversary! Come join in the celebration and enjoy live models, refreshments, and amazing vintage finds!
- Moxie BeautyWealthy StreetSalonAlong with other retailers and shops on Wealthy street, Moxie Beauty will be having a red carpeted FNO event with a free photo booth and live models in their windows. There will be a styling station providing hair and makeup tips and an accessory station to finalize your look!
- Off the CuffDowntownRetail
- One Girls TreasureWealthy StreetRetail
- PaperdollRockfordRetailPaperdoll is partnering with Salon Citrine on FNO! There will be stylists from the salon offering hair and makeup tutorials and tips!
- Papers PlusEast Grand RapidsRetailStop by Papers Plus on FNO to dress up your abode! They will be featuring some terrific fashions for the home.
- Peninsula TradingEast HillsRetail
- Portobello RoadCascadeRetail
- Rebel ReclaimedFulton StreetRetail
- ReserveDowntownRestaurantReserve will be having a fashion show from 4-6pm and will be offering drink specials!
- Richard App GalleryEast HillsRetail
- Rock Paper Scissors Consignment BoutiqueEast HillsRetail
- Rockwell's/RepublicDowntownRestaurantRockwell's/Republic will be hosting ALL DECKED OUT, the official after party for this year's FNO. They will be the final trolley stop. The party begins 10pm and $5 gets you in the door. There will be 3 amazing DJ's performing: Super Dre, Todd Ernst, and Greg Knott. Featured drinks and cocktails will be served and $2 from each of these will be donated to Fashion Has Heart. At 11 pm, models will be wearing some of the top fashions from a few of Grand Rapids' favorite retailers!
- Rosa’s ClosetEast Grand RapidsRetail
- Sacred Roots SalonEast Grand RapidsSalon
- Salon CitreneUptownSalonAt their pop-up store, Salon Citrene is collaborating with Paper Doll Boutique offering food and beverages, free styling from Anne Marie, and raffling away prizes throughout the night!
- Serendipite OrganiquesEast HillsRetail
- Seva YogaEast Grand RapidsRetailSeva Yoga will be featuring their lines from Casall and Lululemon.
- Siegel JewelersGreater GRRetail
- Sight Optical BoutiqueEast HillsRetailSight Optical will be open during FNO offering food and beverages, music, and a trunk show featuring a surprise eyewear company!
- SmoochEast Grand RapidsRetailSmooch is serving drinks for the evening and giving tutorials on the latest fall makeup trends like matte and red lips!
- Sydney's BoutiqueEastownRetailAt their new location, Sydney's Boutique will have a live DJ, amazing giveaways, serving appetizers and drinks, and guest stylists, The Style Dolls, who have been featured in Italian Vogue, will be present to style guests.
- Tanaz Hair BoutiqueDowntownSalonTanaz will be hosting a red carpet with a photographer and a Tanaz backdrop. Light refreshments will be served and they will be offering a braid bar for people to come in and get a trendy braided hairstyle for the night!
- The BOBDowntownRestaurantThe BOB is dressing up for FNO! During this "Mad Night of Fashion," swing by The BOB and pick up coupons for future visits!
- Urban ExchangeFulton StreetRetail
- V A ShoesSurrounding AreaRetailV A Shoes will be open during their normal hours on FNO and will be offering refreshments!
- Wolverine Company StoreDowntownRetailStop by the Wolverine Company Store for some great kicks on FNO! Wolverine will be giving a free gift with each purchase.
- Yours Truly GalleriaEast HillsRetail
Police are investigating a report of a home invasion, but say there are inconsistencies.
A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy will not face criminal sexual conduct charges.
A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday night for an innocent bystander who was shot and killed in October.