HOLLAND, Mich (WOOD) - Every day thousands and thousands of people turn 50. The baby boomers are reaching retirement age, so what does this mean for the senior living industry? Chris Nicely from Holland Home , our expert in senior living, joined eightWest to talk about Senior Living and an exciting upcoming event.
Trends in Senior Living:
- Occupancy rates have increased
- Less availability of retirement homes/apartments
- More aging adults utilizing community-based services
- Open to all independent living residents of Holland Home communities
- Event dates: September 9, 10, 11, 2013.
- Celebration and unveiling the number of miles exercised: September 13, at 2:00 p.m., Breton Ridge
- Sponsored by Life EMS, Morrison Management Specialists, Vander Weele Stewart Group of Raymond James
For more information and to see Holland Home's various locations go to hollandhome.org
GRAM Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in front of a festive downtown crowd at Rosa Parks Circle Friday night.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.
A mob of people hit the streets and set fires in East Lansing in the wake of Michigan State's win over Ohio State Saturday night.