HOLLAND, Mich (WOOD) - Every day thousands and thousands of people turn 50. The baby boomers are reaching retirement age, so what does this mean for the senior living industry? Chris Nicely from Holland Home , our expert in senior living, joined eightWest to talk about Senior Living and an exciting upcoming event.
Trends in Senior Living:
- Occupancy rates have increased
- Less availability of retirement homes/apartments
- More aging adults utilizing community-based services
- Open to all independent living residents of Holland Home communities
- Event dates: September 9, 10, 11, 2013.
- Celebration and unveiling the number of miles exercised: September 13, at 2:00 p.m., Breton Ridge
- Sponsored by Life EMS, Morrison Management Specialists, Vander Weele Stewart Group of Raymond James
For more information and to see Holland Home's various locations go to hollandhome.org
A 25-year-old man is in serious condition at a hospital after being struck by a vehicle as he walked along a street in Kentwood.
Former South African President Nelson Mandela is being honored.
Deputies in Ottawa County are looking for two young boys after they were allegedly kidnapped by their father.