GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) - September means the days at the cottage are coming to a close for another summer. That makes now the perfect time to preserve that special family place, or even your own home, for the people you love the most. David Carrier joined eightWest to share the top three mistakes you should avoid when estate planning:
- Mistake 1: Putting kids' names on the deed
- Mistake 2: Using a will
- Mistake 3: Doing nothing
David Carrier hosts free seminars for you to learn about estate planning and how to be better prepared for your future.
- Friday, September 27 from 2 – 4p.m.
- Saturday, September 28 from 11 – 1 p.m. (Holland Haworth Center on Hope’s campus)
- Saturday, October 5 from 11 – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, October 10 from 3 – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 12 from 11 – 1 p.m. (Big Rapids Holiday Inn and Conference Center)
5242 Plainfield Avenue NE, Suite C
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
Seating is limited! Call 616-361-8400 or email today to reserve your family’s place!
Two Kalamazoo men are in jail after Kalamazoo officers found them with money stolen from Sunny Mart Friday afternoon.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.
A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.