GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) - Here's a startling statistic, a woman's chance of developing breast cancer over the course of her lifetime is about one in eight. EightWest has been talking a lot about Breast Cancer Awareness month, and how prevention can make a big difference when it comes to diagnosis and successful treatment. Dr. Melinda Miller joined us in studio as part of the Spectrum Health Medical Group Breast Care Team and as a daughter who lost her mom to breast cancer.
Who Should Get Mammograms?
- All women age 40 and older
- Younger women with family history and other risk factors
What to look for in Mammography Services:
- Highly advanced technology
- Digital Mammography-Tomosynthesis (3D mammography)
- Ultrasound and MRI services
- Breast imaging and diagnostic specialists
- Professionals who are part of a comprehensive breast care program
- Convenient locations
Breast Care Team from Spectrum Health Medical Group
Melinda Miller, MD
Lemmen-Holton Cancer Pavilion
145 Michigan St. NE, Suite 4400
Danyell Thomas's preliminary hearing was adjourned and Dijana Kilic waived her hearing.
This summer, Metro Health Hospital partnered with the Gus Macker charity basketball tournament to raise money for automated external defibrillators -- or AEDs -- for Kent County schools.
A Grand Rapids woman has been charged in the death of her 5-month-old baby who died of accidental asphyxiation.