4 Weather Alerts //
- Weather Alert 1 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
- Weather Alert 2 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 11 at…
- Weather Alert 3 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
- About 3 pounds fresh tomatoes (roma's dry really well, or you can halve cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 batch oven dried tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (Gorgonzola is best)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 TBLS vodka
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBLS fresh mint, chopped
Puree the tomatoes, either in a blender or by hand with a potato masher or knife. Place the cheeses in a bowl and mash with a fork together. Add the tomatoes and mash to a coarse paste. Add the vodka. Add the oil and stir again. You want a chunky dip. Spread the dip on a serving platter, drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with the mint. Serve with pita chips or veggies.
- 1 pound shrimp (any size), peeled and deviened
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- big pinch of cayenne pepper
- about 1/2 a batch of oven dried tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 TBLS fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Defrost the shrimp and pop off the tail ends. Set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for a few more minutes. Add the spices and cook until they smell really good. Add the tomatoes and shrimp and cook until the shrimp just turn pink and curl up. Season to taste, but go light on the salt because feta is very salty. Top with the feta and the dill and serve.
Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies worked together Tuesday evening to chase down an alleged van thief, despite slippery roads.
A charity lodge where three people were killed back in September 2013 will likely never open again.
Kalamazoo Township Police are asking for your help in finding a 63-year-old man who told people back in November he was going off to die.