GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) - Chef Amy Sherman paid a visit to eightWest to talk 'man food' for these Father's Day recipes. Her secret recipe flank steak and piles of veggies is so good you'll have to make it more than just Father's Day. And don't forget the beer!
- about 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- about 2 pints mixed tomatoes
- about 1/4 cup sliced basil
- really great extra virgin olive oil
- the best balsamic vinegar you can afford salt and pepper
Cut cheese and tomatoes to desired size. Toss with basil, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. This salad is all about the best ingredients and making it how you like it. Serve right away.
North Peak Steak
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 bottle beer (something malty like a porter, stout, amber)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worchestshire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the steak. You can put the steak in a Ziploc bag, seal and place in the fridge. You want to let the steak marinate for 24 hours.
Preheat grill, or light charcoal. You want a medium high heat. Grill steak over direct heat for 7 minutes. Turn and cook for another 7 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice AGAINST the grain into thin slices and serve.
Police are investigating a report of a home invasion, but say there are inconsistencies.
A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy will not face criminal sexual conduct charges.
A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday night for an innocent bystander who was shot and killed in October.