GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) - The brain is your greatest commodity. There are more neuronal connections in your brain than stars in the universe. Your brain is constantly producing electricity, which can be seen through your brain wave activity. Dr. Tim Royer from Neurocore joined eightWest to talk about the fascinating phenomenon that is the human brain.
Alpha waves paint the picture
- Theta, alpha, delta, gamma and beta waves are present in the brain
- Alpha waves oscillate in the frequency range of 8-13 Hz and tend to be higher in more creative individuals
- These waves are detected from the occipital lobe during relaxed wakefulness and increases when the eyes are closed
Brain training can increase those alpha waves
- EEG biofeedback improves sleep, allowing for improved cognition and creativity
- EEG biofeedback can move the spectrum of brain waves into a normative range, including the alpha waves
- Neurocore provides a non-invasive, drug-free choice to helping clients self-regulate their brain wave activity for improved focus, sleep and relaxation, which can bolster creativity
EightWest viewers get the $250 assessment for only $150 when they call 1-800-600-4096 today.
Tim Royer, Psy.D., Neuropsychologist and founder of Neurocore
Grandville, Grand Rapids, Holland, Grand Haven, Okemos, Kalamazoo, Livonia
Southeast Michigan Grand Opening:
October 1 at 4:30 p.m.
New Sterling Heights location
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
A Lowell woman accused of ripping off a 91-year-old she called a friend must pay back thousands.
A mechanic was rammed through the back door of a lube shop after being hit by a customer's SUV.