John Skelton looks on during his hearing at the Lucas County Courthouse, Dec. 14, 2010, in Toledo, Ohio.
Updated: Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 1:54 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 1:54 PM EST
ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) - A Michigan man whose three young sons have been missing since Thanksgiving has been ordered back to district court to be arraigned on additional charges.
Thirty-nine-year-old John Skelton appeared in an Adrian courtroom Wednesday. The Morenci resident has said he doesn't know the whereabouts of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner, who last were seen with him.
He told authorities he gave the boys to a group called United Foster Outreach and another called Underground Sanctuaries, organizations authorities say they can't locate.
Police in the small town near the Ohio border are treating the case as a homicide investigation.
Prosecutors added kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment charges last month.
Defense lawyer John Glaser has said he needs time to review police evidence in the matter.