GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Several West Michigan families celebrated the first day of 2011 with the birth of a newborn baby.
- Trevor and Danielle Lowis welcomed baby boy Trenton Lowis at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids. Trenton was born at 12:19 a.m.
- At Saint Mary's Hospital in Grand Rapids, Sheri Stratton gave birth to Jayla Paige Gray at 3:44 a.m.
- Brandee Mulac, of Pullman, Mich. gave birth to baby boy Ashton Lukas David Mulac at Holland Hospital at 2:38 a.m.
- At Battle Creek Health Systems, Jennifer and Michael Mann welcomed their first child, baby girl Addyson Marie Mann, who was born at 10:44 a.m.
- At Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Francesca Dixon gave birth to new son Demetryes Dixon Jackson, at 9:57 a.m.
- Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo reports that at 12:01 a.m., baby girl Piper Rayne Groff was born.
- The first baby born at Metro Health in Kent County was Sookie Louise Tusing to the proud parents of Keith and Laurie Tusing.
Overall, there were close to two dozen New Year's Day babies born on Jan. 1, 2011.