Published : Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013, 12:09 PM EST
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - WOTV 4 Women wellness expert and eightWest friend, Michele Fife, wants to make sure you start 2013 on the road to a healthier lifestyle. It can be hard to change habits, but with a little fore thought you can set yourself up for success.
1. First, make a plan. Decide what it is you want and determine how you can achieve it.
2. Write it down and post it someplace prominent in your home as a daily reminder.
3. See if you can recruit a friend to join you and inspire each other.
4. If it's exercise you are after, make sure you have the proper equipment and attire handy. Just seeing these items will serve as a reminder to your commitment.
5. Lastly, start small and progress to larger goals. Let your changes happen smaller and incrementally so that you are set up for victory over old unhealthy habits.
Here is a super foods smoothie recipe from Michele that is a great way to kick off a healthier you!
2 scoops of hemp seed
Any fruit such as 1 banana or 1 cup blueberries, apples.
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp. ground flax seeds or chia seeds
2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs
Optional: add in leafy greens such as kale or spinach. These are loaded with minerals and can be very effective at balancing your blood sugar, which means bye-bye cravings.
Add water and blend to achieve your desired consistency.