GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - The votes are in and we will know Friday night which artists will walk away with a big payday from ArtPrize 2013.
The 2013 Art Van Concert Series kicks off the Live Finale Watch Party with Domestic Problems taking the stage at Rosa Parks Circle at 5 p.m.
The awards ceremony is at City Garages 5 and 6 at 265 Market Ave. SW. It will be shown live on WOOD TV8 and WOODTV.com from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets to the event are still available for $15 at the ArtPrize Hub at 41 Sheldon Boulevard SE and at https://artprizeawards2013.eventbrite.com/.
There will be $560,000 distributed in total cash prizes, with $360,000 awarded by public vote and $200,000 awarded by jury, making ArtPrize the world’s largest art competition --
- 1st Place: $200,000
- 2nd Place: $75,000
- 3rd Place: $50,000
- 4th to 10th Place: $5,000 each
- Juried Grand Prize: $100,000
- Juried Award for 2D Work: $20,000
- Juried Award for 3D Work: $20,000
- Juried Award for Time/Performance-Based Work: $20,000
- Juried Award for Best Use of Urban Space: $20,000
- Juried Award for Outstanding Venue: $20,000 (awarded to the curator of a venue, not an artist)
More than 440,000 votes were cast in this year's ArtPriz
ArtPrize 2013 continues through Sunday, so you still have a few more days to check out the 1,500 total entries.
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
The case of a man accused of the involuntary manslaughter of three children who died in a February apartment fire is ready to go to a jury.
A Grand Rapids man has been arrested in connection to the case of a Jenison teen who was missing.