GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A Grand Rapids-based jeweler will auction off their ArtPrize entry and donate the proceeds to nonprofit organizations chosen by ArtPrize voters.
Craft-Revival Jewelers' ArtPrize entry is a custom piece of jewelry worth $25,000. "The Grand" features 117 diamonds and precious metals. It will be on display at their downtown location, 16 Ionia SW.
Voters will be able to choose from three pre-selected non-profits, and the one with the most votes will receive 80% of the proceeds from the auction on eBay. The other 20% of the proceeds will be evenly divided between the other non-profits.
The three non-profits will be announced soon.
ArtPrize begins September 19.
We get a brief break from the "lake-effect machine" Friday.
A few flurries occurred Thursday night. Lows held in the teens and the wind relaxed to the 5 to 10 mph range, with 20s at the Lake Michigan.
On Thursday, the medical examiner's office said CMU student Kelly Markatos died as a result of the eating disorder bulimia.