GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - ArtPrize 2013 has unveiled the Top 10 entries of the Round One public vote.
Here are the finalists, listed in the order that they were announced:
- "Finding Beauty in Bad Things: Porcelain Vine" by Fraser Smith of St. Pete Beach, Fla. (DeVos Place Convention Center)
- "Dancing with Mother Nature" by Paul Baliker of Palm Coast, Fla. (Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum)
- "Botanical Exotica a Monumental Collection of the Rare and Beautiful" by Jason Gamrath of Seattle, Wash. (Grand Rapids Art Museum)
- "Tired Pandas" by Nick Jakubiak of Battle Creek, Mich. (The B.O.B.)
- "Taking Flight" by Michael Gard of San Francisco, Calif. (DeVos Place Convention Center)
- "UPlifting" by Andy Sacksteder of Port Clinton, Ohio (Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum)
- "Myth-or-Logic" by Robin Protz of New Hartford, Conn. (Amway Grand Plaza Hotel)
- "Earth Giant" by Benjamin Gazsi of Morgantown, W. Va. (Grand Rapids Public Museum)
- "Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore" by Ann Loveless of Frankfort, Mich. (Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum)
- "Polar Expressed" by Anni Crouter of Flint, Mich. (Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum)
Round Two of the public vote begins at 2 p.m. Sunday and will continue until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 3. Participants can vote for only one of the Top 10 finalists.
On the web:
11 fire departments from several counties were called out to a fire at an adult entertainment club Wednesday afternoon.
Holland police were searching for 28-year-old Mark Steven Randall Harris, who was considered armed and dangerous, but arrested him late Wednesday night.
Those receiving the 2013 White House holiday card will see a design made by a Grand Rapids artist.